Beef and Garden Vegetable Pizza
Author: SunFed Ranch
- 1 pound SunFed Ranch Grass Fed Ground Beef
- ½ cup shredded carrots
- ½ cup chopped red bell pepper
- ½ cup frozen chopped broccoli, defrosted, drained well
- 4 whole wheat pita breads (6-inch diameter)
- ½ cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh cilantro (optional)
- Pizza Sauce:
- 1 cup water
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 3 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Heat large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Add Ground Beef; cook 6 to 8 minutes until internal temperature reaches 160 degrees, breaking into ½-inch crumbles and stirring occasionally. Remove from skillet with slotted spoon. Set aside.
- Combine sauce ingredients in same skillet bring to boil. Reduce heat; simmer 3 to 4 minutes or until slightly thickened. Add carrots bell pepper and broccoli cook 3 to 4 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Stir in beef.
- Spread 1 cup beef mixture evenly over each pita top with 2 tablespoons cheese Place on baking sheet sprayed with nonstick cooking spray. Bake in 400°F oven 10 to 12 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted. Sprinkle cilantro evenly over pizzas if desired.