Red, White & Beef Salad
Author: SunFed Ranch
- 1 Grass Fed Top Round Steak (about 1-1/2 pounds)
- 1 cup prepared salsa
- 8 cups chopped iceberg lettuce or pre-packaged iceberg lettuce mix
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed, drained
- 1 cup frozen corn, defrosted
- ⅓ cup prepared ranch dressing
- ⅓ cup prepared salsa
- 1 cup broken tortilla chips (optional)
- Place beef steak and 1 cup salsa in food-safe plastic bag; turn steak to coat. Close bag securely and marinate in refrigerator 6 hours or as long as overnight, turning occasionally.
- Remove steak from marinade; discard marinade. Place steak on grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill top round steak, covered, 9 to 12 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill 11 to 15 minutes) for medium rare (145°F) doneness, turning occasionally. (Do not overcook.)
- Meanwhile, combine lettuce, beans and corn in shallow serving bowl; toss. Carve steak into thin slices; arrange on top of salad. Drizzle dressing and ⅓ cup salsa separately over beef. Sprinkle with chips, if desired.
Recipe adapted from information provided by the Beef Checkoff Program.