Wild Mushroom Beef Stew
Author: SunFed Ranch
- 2 pounds grass fed beef Stew Meat, cut into 1-inch pieces
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme leaves, crushed
- ¾ cup ready-to-serve beef broth
- ¼ cup tomato paste
- ¼ cup dry red wine
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pound red-skinned potatoes (1-1/2-inch diameter), cut into quarters
- 8 ounces assorted mushrooms, such as shiitake, cremini and oyster, cut into quarters
- 1 cup baby carrots
- Fresh parsley (optional)
- Combine flour, salt, pepper and thyme in small bowl. Place beef in 4-1/2 to -1/2-quart slow cooker. Sprinkle with flour mixture; toss to coat.
- Combine broth, tomato paste, wine and garlic in small bowl; mix well. Add to beef. Add potatoes, mushrooms and carrots; mix well.
- Cover and cook on HIGH 3 to 4 hours, or on LOW 6 to 8 hours, or until beef and vegetables are tender. (No stirring is necessary during cooking.) Stir well before serving. Garnish with parsley, if desired.
Recipe adapted from information provided by The Beef Checkoff Program.