Beefed Up Mac & Cheese
Author: SunFed Ranch
- 1 fully-cooked boneless pot roast with gravy or au jus
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2-1/4 cups skim milk
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ¾ cup Gorgonzola cheese, divided
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh sage
- Prepare pasta according to package directions; drain. Set aside. Prepare beef pot roast according to package directions. Remove beef from gravy or au jus; reserve gravy for another use. Shred beef with 2 forks. Keep warm; set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Carefully whisk in flour; cook 3 to 5 minutes or until lightly browned, whisking constantly. Whisk in milk; cook 8 to 10 minutes or until thick, whisking constantly. Remove pan from heat and stir in Monterey Jack cheese, salt and pepper, stirring until cheese is melted. Stir in pasta, ½ cup Gorgonzola cheese and sage.
- Evenly divide pasta mixture among four plates; top with beef and sprinkle with remaining Gorgonzola cheese. Serve immediately.
Recipe adapted from information provided by The Beef Checkoff Program.