Filet Mignon with Herb-Butter Sauce and Mushrooms
Author: SunFed Ranch
- 4 grass fed beef Tenderloin Steaks, cut 1 inch thick
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1-1/2 cups assorted mushrooms (shiitake, enoki, straw, cremini, button or chanterelle), whole or cut in half if large
- ¼ cup minced shallots
- 1-1/2 cups beef broth
- ½ teaspoon chopped fresh thyme or ¼ teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon water
- Heat large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Place beef steaks in skillet; cook 7 to 10 minutes for medium rare (145°F) to medium (160°F) doneness, turning occasionally. Remove to platter, season with salt and pepper, as desired. Keep warm.
- Heat butter in same skillet over medium heat until melted. Add mushrooms and shallots; cook and stir 3 to 5 minutes or until mushrooms are tender and browned. Add beef broth and thyme to skillet, stirring until browned bits attached to bottom of pan are dissolved; bring to a boil. Combine cornstarch and water in small bowl; stir into mushroom mixture. Cook 2 minutes or until sauce thickens, stirring occasionally. Season with salt and pepper, as desired.
- Serve steaks with sauce.
Recipe adapted from information provided by The Beef Checkoff.