Lemon-Garlic Beef Tri-Tip and Roasted Potatoes
Author: SunFed Ranch
- 1 beef Tri-Tip Roast (1-1/2 to 2 pounds)
- 2 large lemons
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons coarse grind black pepper
- 2 pounds fingerling or small red-skinned potatoes, halved or quartered if large
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Grate 1 tablespoon peel and squeeze 1 tablespoon juice from 1 lemon. Combine lemon peel, lemon juice, garlic and pepper in small bowl; reserve 1 tablespoon for potatoes. Press remaining lemon mixture onto all surfaces of beef roast. Cut remaining lemon into 12 wedges lengthwise; set aside.
- Place roast on rack in shallow roasting pan. Do not add water or cover; set aside.
- Combine reserved 1 tablespoon lemon mixture, potatoes, lemon wedges, oil and ½ teaspoon salt on rimmed sheet pan; toss to coat evenly. Roast beef in 375°F oven 30 to 40 minutes for medium rare; 40 to 50 minutes for medium doneness. Roast potatoes 25 to 30 minutes or until potatoes are tender, stirring once.
- Remove roast when instant-read thermometer registers 135°F for medium rare; 150°F for medium. Transfer to roast to carving board; tent loosely with aluminum foil. Let stand 20-25 minutes. (Temperature will continue to rise about 10°F to reach 145°F for medium rare; 160°F for medium.)
- Carve roast across the grain into slices; season with salt, as desired. Serve with potatoes and lemon wedges.
Recipe adapted from information provided by The Beef Checkoff Program.