Spicy Grilled Ribeye Cap with Avocado-Mango Salad
Author: SunFed Ranch
- 1 to 1-1/4 pounds grass fed beef ribeye cap steaks
- Salt and pepper
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 medium jalapeño pepper, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Avocado-Mango Salad:
- 1 large mango, sliced
- 1 medium avocado, sliced
- 4 thin slices red onion
- ¼ cup queso fresco, crumbled
- Combine 1 teaspoon lime juice and remaining rub ingredients; reserve remaining lime juice for Avocado-Mango Salad. Press rub evenly onto beef steaks. Place steaks on grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill, covered, 7 to 11 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill, covered, 7 to 12 minutes) for medium rare to medium doneness, turning occasionally.
- Meanwhile, prepare Avocado-Mango Salad. Combine mango, avocado and onion in medium bowl; sprinkle with cheese and drizzle with reserved lime juice, tossing gently to coat. Season with salt and black pepper, as desired.
- Serve steaks with Avocado Mango Salad.
Recipe adapted from information provided by The Beef Checkoff Program.