Calypso Beef Burgers
- 1 pound grass fed ground beef
- ¼ cup mango chutney
- 2 teaspoons Caribbean jerk seasoning
- 4 fresh or canned pineapple slices, cut ½ inch thick
- 4 Kaiser rolls or hamburger buns, split
- 4 slices sharp Cheddar cheese
- Combine ground beef, chutney and jerk seasoning in large bowl, mixing lightly but thoroughly. Lightly shape into four ½-inch thick patties.
- Place patties in center of grid over medium, ash-covered coals; arrange pineapple slices around patties. Grill, covered, 6 to 8 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill, 5 to 7 minutes) until instant-read thermometer inserted horizontally into center registers 160°F, turning occasionally. Grill pineapple, covered, 8 minutes or until heated through. (Gas grilling times remain the same.) About 2 minutes before burgers are done, place rolls, cut sides down, on grid. Grill until lightly toasted. During last minute of grilling, top each burger with cheese.
- Place 1 burger and pineapple slice on bottom of each bun. Close sandwiches.
Recipe adapted from information provided by The Beef Checkoff Program.