Caribbean Ribeye Steaks with Grilled Pineapple Salad
- 2 Grass Fed Ribeye Steaks Boneless, cut 1 inch thick (about 12 ounces each)
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro, divided
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- ¼ to ½ teaspoon ground red pepper
- 4 fresh pineapple slices, cut ½ inch thick
- 1 medium red bell pepper, cut in half lengthwise
- 1 medium lime
- Combine 2 tablespoons cilantro, cumin and ground red pepper, as desired; press evenly onto beef steaks.
- Place steaks on grid over medium, ash-covered coals; arrange pineapple slices and bell pepper halves around steaks. Grill steaks, covered, 10 to 14 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill, 9 to 12 minutes) for medium rare (145°F) to medium (160°F) doneness, turning occasionally. Grill pineapple 8 minutes or until heated through, turning once. Grill bell pepper 6 to 8 minutes or until tender, turning occasionally.
- Meanwhile, grate 2 teaspoons peel and squeeze juice from lime. Set aside.
- Chop pineapple and bell pepper into 1-inch pieces. Combine remaining 1 tablespoon cilantro, 2 teaspoons lime peel and lime juice in medium bowl; stir in pineapple and bell pepper. Season with salt, as desired. Carve steaks into slices; season with salt, as desired. Serve with salad.
Recipe adapted from information provided by the Beef Checkoff Program.