Chimichurri-Marinated Grass Fed Strip Filets
- 4 grass fed beef strip filets, cut 1 inch thick (about 4 to 6 ounces each)
- Chimichurri Sauce:
- 2 cloves garlic
- ½ cup packed fresh cilantro
- ½ cup packed fresh parsley
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly grated lemon peel
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- Prepare Chimichurri Sauce. Place garlic in food processor container. Cover; process until finely chopped. Add remaining sauce ingredients. Cover; process until well blended. Remove and refrigerate ¼ cup sauce for serving. Place beef filets and remaining sauce in food-safe plastic bag; turn steaks to coat. Close bag securely and marinate in refrigerator 15 minutes to 2 hours.
- Remove filets from marinade; discard marinade. Place filets on grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill, covered, 12 to 15 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill, 10 to 13 minutes) for medium rare (145°F)to medium (160°F) doneness, turning occasionally.
- Serve filets with reserved Chimichurri sauce.
Recipe adapted from information provided by The Beef Checkoff Program.