Grilled Lime-Cilantro Beef Chuck Steaks
Total Recipe Time: 30 minutes Marinade Time: 1 to 2 hours
- 4 boneless grass fed beef chuck eye steaks, cut ¾ to 1 inch thick (about 1-3/4 pounds)
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 small jalapeno pepper, minced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- Combine marinade ingredients in small bowl. Place beef steaks and marinade in food-safe plastic bag; turn to coat. Close bag securely and marinate in refrigerator 1 to 2 hours, turning occasionally.
- Remove steaks; discard marinade. Place steaks on grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill, covered, 7 to 12 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill, 9 to 15 minutes) for medium rare (145°F) to medium (160°F) doneness, turning occasionally. Season with salt and pepper.
- Recipe adapted from information provided by The Beef Checkoff Program.