Sweet Sesame Glazed Beef Kabobs
- 1 pound Grass Fed Top Sirloin Steak Boneless
- 1 medium red bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium zucchini, cut lengthwise in half, then crosswise into 1-inch pieces
- 16 canned pineapple chunks, drained
- Salt and pepper
- Uncooked quick-cooking brown rice
- Cut beef steak into 1-1/4-inch pieces. Combine marinade ingredients in a small bowl. Remove and reserve ¼ cup in a microwave-safe measuring cup. Place beef and remaining marinade in food-safe plastic bag; turn steak to coat. Close bag securely and marinate in refrigerator 30 minutes to 2 hours.
- Remove steak from marinade; discard marinade. Alternately thread beef, bell pepper, zucchini and pineapple evenly onto eight 10-inch metal skewers.
- Place the kabobs on a grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill, covered, 8 to 10 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill, covered, 9 to 11 minutes) for medium rare (145°F) to medium (160°F) doneness, turning once. Season with salt and pepper, as desired.
- Meanwhile, prepare rice according to microwave package directions.
- Place the reserved marinade in the microwave. Microwave on HIGH 30 to 60 seconds or until hot and just beginning to bubble; stir after heated.
- Serve the kabobs over the rice. Drizzle with the heated marinade.
Recipe adapted from information provided by the Beef Checkoff Program.