Tri Tip Roast with Rosemary Garlic Vegetables
- 1 grass fed beef tri tip roast (~1½ lbs)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 12 small red-skinned potatoes, halved
- 2 medium red, yellow or green bell peppers, cut into eighths
- 2 medium sweet onions, cut into 1-inch wedges
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary leaves
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Heat oven to 350°F. Combine seasoning ingredients; press ½ onto beef roast. Combine remaining seasoning with oil and vegetables in large bowl; toss.
- Place roast on rack in shallow roasting pan. Place vegetables on rack around roast. Do not add water or cover. Roast in 350°F oven 30 to 40 minutes for medium rare; 40 to 50 minutes for medium doneness.
- Remove roast when instant-read thermometer registers 130°F for medium rare; 140°F for medium. Transfer to board; tent with foil. Let stand 20-25 minutes. (Temperature will continue to rise about 10°F to reach 140°F for medium rare; 155°F for medium.)
- Meanwhile increase oven temperature to 475°F. Remove peppers. Continue roasting potatoes and onions 10 minutes or until tender and lightly browned. Carve roast across the grain. Serve with vegetables.
Recipe adapted from information provided by The Beef Checkoff Program.