This Month SunFed Ranch celebrated a major milestone – we celebrated five years of humanely raising and selling sustainable high quality grass fed beef. It has been five years of learning, five years of innovating and five years of utilizing the roots and traditions 5th generation founding ranchers Matt Byrne and Chris Donati’s ancestors have spent perfecting over the last 150 years.
It hasn’t always been easy. Mother nature has given us drought years, the cattle market has been on a roller coaster and this business is so unique we had no blue prints to work from. Listed below are five things founding ranchers Matt and Chris are proud of, and thankful for, since founding SunFed Ranch in 2011.
- Family History: Both founding ranchers have over 150 years of combined family histories of raising cattle. Creating SunFed Ranch has allowed Matt and Chris to carry out the family legacies and traditions of raising cattle on their family ranches. It was their family members before them that taught Matt and Chris this way of life, and it is a privilege to have built a company that will allow this duo to carry it on for the next 5 generations after them.
2. The SunFed Ranch Team: Both Matt and Chris beam with pride when talking about the team they have assembled to help grow SunFed Ranch. From the ranch hands, to the sales team, to logistics team members and accountants, it takes a village of passionate people who love what they are doing to keep SunFed Ranch grass fed beef on people’s plates.
3. Our Values: We are thankful for the values we started out with and have always continued to stand by. People can trust when they purchase SunFed Ranch grass fed beef that it was raised the way beef should be raised: with respect for the animal, for the land and for the people who consume our beef. It is a healthy, delicious, ethically-raised, high quality product that people can trust.
4. Providing Wholesome Food: Being able to provide good, wholesome food that was raised the way it was meant to be. It has been a privilege to be part of a community and movement that has taken place in the last several years where people truly care about where their meat and produce is coming from and how it was raised or produced. We would not be able to do what we do without the people who support us everyday by purchasing SunFed Ranch grass fed beef.
5. Industry Innovation: Being innovators in our industry while still retaining traditional roots. Keeping cattle fed on green grass 365 days a year is a challenge, particularly in drought years. We can’t control how much rain we get, or the different weather patterns. Challenges have been thrown our way but through perfecting our rotational grazing practices and irrigated pasture improvements focused on water conservation and efficient utilization of our resources, we have been able to overcome them. These challenges forced us to think outside of the box and come up with ways to continue raising quality grass fed beef with the animals, the land and the resources as our top priority. These methods also ensure that all of our cattle are finished correctly to produce high quality 100% grass fed and grass finished beef. The combination of lessons learned from our predecessors and the new solutions we are developing for the future is something we are very proud of at SunFed Ranch.
Lastly we want to say thanks to you! Thank you and a big tip of the hat to the consumers of our beef and the ones that care enough about what we are doing to read this blog and educate themselves on us, our products and why our beef is a cut above the rest. It’s all of you that makes this dream possible! Here’s to many more years of sustainability, success, innovation and the highest quality natural and organic grass fed beef in the marketplace!
Click here to find out where you can purchase SunFed Ranch grass fed and grass finished beef!